Hi Loves! Today’s post is very different from my normal fashion blog posts. I will be sharing 23 things I have learned as a 23 year old. Each of these life lessons and experiences have played a big role of where I am today and who I am as a person. Here we go 🙂
1. Life is too short to stress over the little things. Take a step back and look at the big picture and see how you can fulfill your life goals by being YOU.
2. Do what makes you truly happy! It wasn’t until I pursued my passions that I discovered what I wanted out of life and how to live my life happily.
3. Never let the price stop you from doing or getting something that can help you achieve your dreams. Studying abroad was a dream of mine, even though it cost a great amount of money, it was one of the best life changing experience!
LONDON FASHION WEEK 2015 – The event that kickstarted my blogging passion!
4. Travel, Travel, Travel!!! Allowing yourself to travel, gives you the opportunity to learn about yourself and what you want out of life. Also you get to meet great people who play a positive part in your life.
Rome 2015 – The beautiful view from the Spanish Stairs
5. It’s okay to not have a lot of friends! QUALITY > QUANTITY! 🙂
6. Surround yourself with positive and loving people! Life isn’t all about accomplishing great things, but to also find the right people to share the accomplishments with.
7. Never settle for less. You are worth it and should be given what you truly deserve!
8. It’s okay to say NO. Saying no can lead to other opportunities and allow you to realize sometimes being patient can lead to greater opportunities.
9. It’s okay to be picky = you know what you want. The more you know what you want, the better you are able to pick and choose what best fits your life passions.
10. Always tell the people you love that you love them. We are never promise tomorrow, live today as if it were your last.
11. Hardwork truly pays off at the end. #WORKHARDPLAYHARD
12. Experience is everything! You can talk the talk, but can you walk to walk?
13. Treat yourself once in awhile. Self-love is important!
14. There is always a solution to a problem. Problems are there to help you learn and grow. It’s whether you want to find a solution and fix the problem or allow the problem take over your life. Glass half-full or glass half-empty?
15. Do not waste your time and energy toward people who do not reciprocate it back.
16. Try new things, the worst that cant happen is not liking it
SKYDIVING 2014 – Best Day Ever!
17. Your relationship should be everything but at the same time not everything. Balance is key! It’s important to love your significant other, but to also love yourself.
18. Find what you are good at and develop those skills. The more you dedicate your time to what you are really good at, the more opportunities will come your way.
19. Step outside of your comfort zone. You may be surprised what could happen 🙂
20. Start to Journal your life experiences, thoughts, and accomplishments. Trust me, it’s a fun read years from now, to see how you have grown.
21. It’s okay to be selfish. When I say this, it is okay to put yourself before someone else if they are not treating you well or if you need time to yourself. Self-care and self-love is very important to keep you going.
22. LIVE IN THE MOMENT!
NYC Brooklyn Bridge 2016
23. Mental health is important, take time for yourself. Physical health is equally as important as mental health. They go hand in hand and will always be need one another to help a person fully become their true self.
I hope this list helped inspired or flipped a light switch to grasp onto every opportunity and live life to the fullest! Enjoy the beauty in all things 🙂
Thank you for reading!
Lots of Love,