Happy Friday Everyone!
Confidence is something you learn through personal life experiences. I can truly say that if it wasn’t for my personal successes/losses and the people I keep close to me, I wouldn’t be the confident person I am today.
Pull out a notebook page and your favorite pen because today I’m sharing my secrets to becoming a more confident person!
1. Self-care: It all starts from within. Self care is SO important. If you don’t first take care of your mental health and soul, it’s hard to go through life feeling confident in what you do and the decisions you make. I’m here to tell you that it’s okay to be selfish and take time away from all the craziness to focus on your needs/wants. You’ll be surprise how these one-on-one sessions by yourself will help bring awareness and clarity on what truly makes you happy as well as developing personal goals for the future. It’s truly magically how a few minutes of silence can really make a huge difference.
2. Living a healthy lifestyle. If you remember from Legally Blonde, the bubbly Elle Woods famously said ““EXERCISE GIVES YOU ENDORPHINS; ENDORPHINS MAKE YOU HAPPY…”. The picture I’m painting is that healthy physical activities is and will always trigger a positive feeling in the body. And if your body is happy it will lead to a sense of confidence, which gives you more energy to focus on what you love doing. In the end you feel good and you do good 🙂
3. Very cliche, but always a good reminder: Surround yourself with uplifting, challenging people. When it comes to the people in your life, Quality should always be greater than quantity. It’s better to have 2 really amazing friends who truly want the best for you than 100 Instagram friends who don’t really walk with you through your highs and lows.
Take the time to weed out the negative people and make more room for the positive people who not only support you, but also pushes you to be the best version of yourself. We all know that negative people can be road blockers and they tend to stop you from doing what you really want to do, so respectfully cut ties from those individuals and focus on you and who you need in your life.
4. Do something that scares you. This is probably where a lot of my confidence came from. I remember starting my YouTube Channel and fashion blog. I was so scared to share my content with family and friends thinking that they would laugh at what I enjoyed doing. However, due to my supportive boyfriend and best friend, they encouraged me to take the big leap and share my love for fashion and video production with the world. Ever since clicking that publish button, I received nothing but love and encouragement to continue my love for fashion and video making. Taking that big leap can really help validate what you are capable of and how resilient you can be. Once you get that “I can do anything” feeling, the confident ball just keeps rolling.
5. Dress for success. We all love our comfy clothes, but nothing feels better than getting up in the morning and slipping into the cutest day outfit feeling like a #girlboss. It’s truly amazing how a pair of heels or a matching pant suit can really do when it comes to running errands and attending meetings. As long as you are comfortable and put the work into your dreams, your success will sooner or later arrive at the door.
Thank you for reading! Enjoy your weekend 🙂
SHORTS | FOREVER 21
SHOES | DSW
WATCH | LULUS
BACKPACK | TJ MAXX