One question that many influencers get asked over and over again is “how do you make money”? There are so many ways of making an income as an influencer: affiliate marketing, brand deals, creating your own products/services, etc. Today I am going to be sharing my honest review on LadyBossBlogger’s “How to Make Money as an Influencer” course. I will be sharing the pros and cons of the course and if it’s worth investing in. Thank you LadyBossBlogger + Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post.
Let’s first start off with the course breakdown:
- Introduction: How to Stand Out and Instagram Hacks
- Branding: Business Plan and Defining Your Audience
- Content: Evergreen Content, Scheduling, and Using Video
- Where to Find Brands to Work With
- Money: How to Price Yourself, Passive Income, Track Earnings
- Legal: Laws, Bank Accounts, Business Entity, and Taxes
- Affiliation with Course
I have been a digital content creator/influencer for about 3.5 years now and everything that I learned from this course wasn’t new information. It was more of key reminders that I have a clear idea of what I want and how to get there. Here are a few key points that I learned from the course:
- How to best reach your audience by understanding the 4 types of learners.
- Don’t make brands think of creative ways to work with you—that is your job.
- The best days to send collaboration emails to brands
- Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday is the best time to send emails because on Monday they are catching up from the weekend, and on Friday they are finishing working for the week.
- A partnership has to be two-sided. It needs to add value to both the blogger and the brand, which is why it is important to leave room for negotiation and change.
- Your audience likes you because of your brand—brands like you because of your audience.
- The best time to convert your LLC to an S Corp is once you hit $50K annually.
Even though I did learn a few new things here and there, I would not recommend this course for anyone who is where I’m at in my social media career: few years of knowledge knowing the ins and outs of Instagram and looking for more ways to grow your personal brand. This course was more of a reminder for an experienced influencer instead of new information.
I did learn new information, but it wasn’t life-changing to make a dent in where I wanted to take my personal brand. If you are a newbie to making money on Instagram this course would be a good starting point, however, this wouldn’t be my #1 choice for investing in your social media career since I found the information too overwhelming and the content examples to be low-quality. As someone who prides in her high-quality work, the work represented in this course is not my cup of tea.
Thank you for reading my honest review.
Additional LadyBossBlogger Resources